Friday, February 10, 2006

I posted a while back;

1. 1.a
And argued in favour of free speech over peoples sensibilities

2.

Then I referenced this, saying I was glad they got off but would found humour in them being buggered)

But then this happens

3.

And my first reaction is im glad; it feels like justice has been done.

And this

4.

Which I don’t think is particularly nice

Thinking about it, it did seem a bit inconsistent.

So why my original reaction to 3 and 4?
I’m white; protestant background
In the media every time we hear Islam or Muslim it’s followed by a death count.
Compare the picture of the BNP to the picture of Abu Hanza.
Agencies in Britain were aware of the nature of his speeches for years; it was only when the US started getting involved that he was arrested.
An idiot would have been able to work out that if you publish cartoons like above then its going to piss Muslims off.

Any one noticed that at the time there is increasing bad press in the wider media regarding Islam, troupes in Afghanistan are increasing and a case is slowly being developed for action against Iran.

Shits complicated int it

No comments: